Thursday, October 02, 2008

We Dream of a Reality TV Show

Joanne B. was eavesdropping on "Judge Judy" last night when she witnessed the sort of thing we'd like to confront in our imaginary reality TV show. She writes:

My daughters were doing their homework and much to my chagrin, Judge Judy was playing in the background... and one witness stood up next to the defendant and said "Judge, I'd like to collaborate his story." Now, you and I know he meant corroborate, but I don't think anyone else noticed.
Though using the wrong word isn't technically a grammar error, it's the sort of thing that drives language lovers up the proverbial wall. With that in mind, we pitch "SPOGG: Grammar Police Edition."

Stay tuned. We might even actually get around to making a YouTube video clip one of these days.

No comments: