Friday, February 15, 2008

Oh, the Irony

OK, there really isn't irony here, but it's Friday and we need a pun to restore our spirits. Sue sends this tale of woe from her sewing room:
Today on top of everything else that went wrong at my house (you do not want to know!), I had to go buy a new iron. I was in the middle of making the bride's maid dress my daughter Rachel is to wear in a wedding in St. Croix, Virgin Islands. Yeah, yeah, lucky her--I know all about that.

At any rate, my old iron quit cold (pun intended), so I had to buy a new one. I got a Rowenta Autosteam. You would not believe what the little owner's manual says: "Do not direct steam at people, animals or iron clothes while they are being worn." Rachel, the always-alert metalsmith, says those iron clothes will rust, in addition to getting awfully hot, if you steam them--while being worn or not!

Furthermore, under "Helpful Hints," I find that in using my new iron, I am to "adhere to manufacturer recommendations on garment label." No option is given for those of us who would prefer not to be stuck to a label forever!

No comments: