Monday, February 25, 2008

McCain Said What?

Republican presidential frontrunner John McCain flattened an adverb today, after explaining he'd lose the election if he couldn't get Americans to stay the course in Iraq:
"Let me not put it that stark," the likely GOP nominee told reporters on his campaign bus. "Let me just put it this way: Americans will judge my candidacy first and foremost on how they believe I can lead the country both from our economy and for national security. Obviously, Iraq will play a role in their judgment of my ability to handle national security."
Would that he had said "starkly." That would have sounded much better to our poor tender ears.

Now that the campaigns are thoroughly underway, we'd love it if you'd send along grammar goofs by our leading politicians, their spokespeople, and the journalists who cover them. We can make this a regular feature. Send your finds to info @ spogg.org. Thank you!

No comments: