Friday, February 27, 2009

From SPOGG: the Movie

OK, so there is no SPOGG movie. But if there were, we'd use this scene ripped straight from the life of one of our members:
Recently I noticed a "free kitten" ad on the bulletin board at work. Among the usual cute-kitten descriptions was a line stating "perfect for breading." After doing a double-take to make sure this wasn't simply poor handwriting, I knew I had to answer.

The ad having been posted by an old friend, I felt I could harrass her a bit, so I e-mailed, asking if the rest of the litter had been good, and saying that I'd never heard of breading kittens before.

She didn't seem to understand, so I replied stating that we generally wait until they are large enough for the whole family, but I guessed we could take the creature off her hands and try breaded kitten for dinner that night (it was Mardi Gras, after all).

Apparently this made my meaning clear, as she replied saying "Sick, Sick, Sick" - to which I promptly replied with the correction, "Sic, Sic, Sic" and wished her happy National Grammar Day!

No comments: