During the afternoon of March 9, 2012, the trash can near the smoking Kiosk area caught fire. After investigating the cause of the fire, it was determined, most likely, that a cigarette butt was put in the trash receptacle instead of the cigarette receptacle. If the maintenance team had not reacted immediately and DISTINGUISHED the fire, this incident could have put the Headquarters Complex in a dangerous fire situation. As a result, OOA will make recommendations to Senior Management on how to prevent or minimize such an incidence from occurring in the future. Please be advised that until a final decision is made, it is imperative that ALL cigarette butts are disposed of in the cigarette receptacles located in the designated smoking area. Thank you for your cooperation.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Distinguished Prose: No Ifs, Ands, or Butts...
A SPOGG member sends this memo she received at work (emphasis hers):
Posted by Martha Brockenbrough at 11:44 AM