Thursday, January 07, 2010

Things That Make Us [Sic]: A Review

From a recent review of our book:

If you’re looking for a down and dirty grammar guide to help you remember when to use “lie” vs. “lay” and “affect” vs. “effect,” this book is just the thing. And if you’re too well-versed in grammar to ever “lay in the sun” or “lie your keys on the counter,” then you’re probably a grammar geek like me, and this book will give you fits of laughter and make you want to pump your fist in the air while shouting, “Yes! Exactly!”


Read the whole thing here. And, if you're buying a copy and would like a personalized bookplate, contact us: info AT spogg.org.

2 comments:

Nea said...

My sister gave this to me for Christmas. It was one of the most exciting gifts I opened! I have definitely had fits of laughter while reading it. I particularly enjoyed your explanation of "sic" ("Look at what this idiot wrote!")

Keep up the amazing and entertaining work! Grammar geeks like me will always have your back.

Martha Brockenbrough said...

Thank you, Linnea!