Monday, December 14, 2009

A List of Links for the Lawyers Among Us

We've been meaning to post this list of links to the language essays of Robert Cumbow for ages. He's a lawyer in our home town of Seattle. Enjoy!

Top 10 Writing Errors for Law Students (and Lawyers) to Improve Upon in 2003


Our Friend "That"

Pet Peeves

This Wonderful World of Words


"Only," the Lonely

Commonest Errors in Contract Drafting

Using That Word

Those Troublesome Twins

Words About Words

Got grammar?

The Language of Law

Not Just for Decoration

Seven Types of Ambiguity . . . More or Less

News from the Trenches in the War of the Words

Notes from Between the Cracks

Trends: Healthy (or Healthful) and Otherwise

Bye-Bye, Bi and Other Thoughts on the State of the Language

Pet Peeves Redux

Peeves Beget Peeves

Media-ese and Other Offenses

2 comments:

OG said...

Thank you!

I open my monthly copy of the WSBA Bar News for two reasons:
1. Mr. Cumbow's articles, and
2. to make certain I have not been disbarred in the last 30 days.

I miss my hometown Seattle!

Martha Brockenbrough said...

I'm so glad you enjoy these as much as I do!